It is consider the smallest "3D printed" FPV/UAV platform ever made for public/civilian use on the day it was released to the public on 15th March 2014. Extremely light weighted at 40 gram, palm/pocket sized, easily stored into any storage, cheaper building cost, easier to build with simple soldering skills and parts widely available in common online hobby and toy shop. This pocket drone "PIXXY" was featured in www.Thingiverse.com as the most popular DIY 3D printed quad choice of for the 3d printing community and DIY enthusiast. I design this kit to enable me to enjoy fun indoor remote video wireless FPV flight flying through various narrow obstacles and also can be flown outdoor like its bigger brother too. The size, weight and micro rotor added safety factor minimized any harm to both living things and property should it bump into anyone or crashed into other's property.
- Size: W/H/L: 6cm x 1.5cm x 6cm (rotor to rotor).
- Full flying weight with FPV hardware: 40gram.
- Flight stamina on main battery 3.7v 300mah: 5~6 minutes. (Outdoor foward flight only)
- Flight stamina on main battery 3.7v 550mah: 7~9 minutes. (Outdoor foward flight only)
- Flight range/frequency power with 5.8ghz 10mw video transmitter stock: 100m (using UDI, XINXUN, WALKERA, Hubsan X4 integrated board or compatible + supplied stock radio).
- Flight range/frequency power with 5.8ghz 200mw video transmitter + stock antenna: 300m (using V939 integrated board or compatible + Turnigy 9X radio).
- Flight range/frequency power with 5.8ghz 200mw video transmitter + clover leaf antenna: 500m~900m (using V939/NanoWii integrated board or compatible + Turnigy 9X/Spektrum DSM + Booster).
This kit accept common and popular nano sized multirotor and FPV hardware that can be found on any hobby stores, security hardware shops and also popular online electronics supplier with building cost below USD $100 for complete personal FPV/UAV experience on normal screen/tv, all thanks to cheap open source electronics.
This 3d printed kit consist of 3x parts: the top cover, the main frame and the lower motor base cup. Required or recomended to be 3D print using plastic ABS material for rigid struture. Once done printing user only need to shed off support material and snap in all the required electronic hardware by hand. Theres no screws or glue needed to snap in all the electronics hardwares however soldering are needed to connect wires between motors, flight board controller, video transmitter and camera only. Glue only required or optional to keep the top frame cover in place if necessary.
Specification & requirements:
- Max flight controller board placement from V939/WALKERA QR Ladybird/UDI/Hobby King micro Q-bot size or similar cloned models and similar mini quad hardware (nanoWii), antenna required to be upright position: (W/H/L)cm = 2.75cm/0.7cm/2.9cm
- Upper lipo bay fits 1s 300mah 15c main lipo battery for quad: (W/H/L)cm = 2.0cm/1.0cm/6.7cm
- Lower lipo bay fits 1s 200mah 5c lipo battery for video tansmission and main FPV cam size: (W/H/L)cm = 1.9cm/0.5cm/3.1cm
- Frame only support nano fpv camera 420/520TVL caseless.
- Support nano size video transmitter size with an upside down antenna: (W/H/L)cm = 2.0cm/0.5cm/2.4cm
- Coreless motor placeholder/socket (H/Dia)cm=2.0cm/2cm
- Need good soldering skills to install the electronics.
- Plugs, screws and wires need to be cut or removed to tightly fit into the frame.
- Total flying weight with recomended FPV equipment: 40 gram.
Complete assembly parts:
Fitting all electronics into the frame is easy, just snap the motor and boards in place inside provided sockets/placeholder without tools (press fit). You only need to do some basic wire soldering to bridge between each hardware. This work is going to be pure DIY. I used electronic hardware from cheap quad toys under XINXUN brand or a cloned of WL-TOYS V939, it fits perfrectly on this kit. I believe others type of similar hardware models or clone multirotor version usch as UDI and WALKERA QR Ladybird will able to fit in too with minor DIY fittings as described on the specification details above.
Only the upper frame cover/lid is required to be glue in place to protect the inner hardware.
Please refer to the gallery folder for images reference/manual once done download the zip file and extraction. Set your 3D printed to more denser printing material for robust and rigid product output.
Your shopping list to buy parts to build the above model (100% fit unless mentioned "Compatible"):
- Platform/Airframe/Combo package:
- Radio controller for V939 matching with V939 integrated flight controller board (Mode 2)
- Walkera DEVO 4 Transmitter For Walkera RC Quadcopters Helicopter (To be used with Walkera QR Ladybird integrated board/receiver)
- Walkera RC Magic Cube MTC-01 2.4GHz Multi Transmitter (To be used with Walkera QR Ladybird or similar DEVO compatible products also works with ANDROID phone)
- Integrated board/Flight controller:
- Integrated flight control board for V939
- Walkera QR Ladybird V2-Z-02 Spare Parts Receiver and integrated flight board RX2643H-D (To be used with Walkera 4CH QR Ladybird matching radio controller)
- Walkera QR Ladybird Spare Parts RX2634H-D Receiver QR-Ladybird-Z-07 (To be used with Walkera 4CH QR Ladybird matching radio controller)
- 2x7mm Hollow Cup Motor For Hubsan x4 Walkera Ladybird/Ladybird V2
- 2 x7mm Hollow Cup Motor For Hubsan H107L Upgraded Version
- UDI U816 U816A RC Quadcopter Spare Parts Clockwise Motor U816-03
- UDI U816 U816A RC Helicopter Spare Parts Anti-clockwise Motor U816-04
- HK Q-Bot mini motor - Counter
- HK Q-Bot mini motor - Counter Clockwise
- UDI U816 U816A Hubsan X4 RC Quadcopter Spare Parts Blade Set
- 3 Set Walkera QR Ladybird Main Blades Propellers QR-Ladybird-Z-01
- Hubsan X4 H107L RC Quadcopter Spare Parts Propeller Blade Set (matching with Hubsan H107L motor only)
- Blade Propeller For WLtoys V232 V252 Hubsan X4 RC Quadcopter
- 4x Propeller (Clockwise + Counter Clockwise)
- Video transmitter:
- *Optional night accessories: Lightweight LED strips for V939
- Video receiver/Ground station/FPV pilot gear:
- Boscam FPV 5.8G 8CH 200mW AV Wireless Receiver RC305
- Boscam FPV 5.8G 8CH AV Wireless Receiver RC805
- Boscam GS920 640 x 480 2.4G 5.8G Wireless FPV AIO Goggle
- Boscam RX LCD 5802 5.8GHz LCD Diversity Receiver 7 Inch Monitor
- Boscam FPV 5.8G 4 in 1 D58-4 Audio Video Diversity Receiver
- Boscam FPV 5.8G D58-2 DUO5800 Dual Wireless Diversity Receiver
- Boscam GS922 FPV 5.8G 32CH Div AIO Goggles With DVR
- Skyzone SKY-700D FPV 5.8G 32CH Diversity 7 Inch TFT Monitor DVR
- Boscam Galaxy D4 FPV 5.8G 32CH LCD 8 Inch Monitor With DVR Receiver
- SkyZone SKY-01 FPV AIO Goggles 5.8G 32CH Frequency Head Tracking Glass