Designed to be semi "H" configuration frame it is foldable and compact very appealing looks for all multirotor enthusiast. Contructed to be slightly durable and structurally rigid than the old "XL-RCM 6.0 EXO", both however uses similar FPV hardware and power plant. Due to its beefy rigid build the quad surpising fly very stable and handles very agile under various windy condition (on GWS propeller). The placement of the camera makes the view more clear from propeller rotor obstruction. The flat board body and slim profile allow user to put customized mounting and other load under the chassis such as lighting kits, external HD camera and etc.
The rotor arm not only designed to be able to fold for compact storage purposes but also to swing away from inertial impact to reduce structural stress and damages. Each arm have lock mechanism to keep the arm in extended position. Ideally once fold it could fit into any narrow compartment such as cyclindrical biscuit cans or inside your bag.
Specification & requirements:
- Max flight controller board placement from V929/V949/V959/MQX/Hobby King Q-bot size or similar cloned models and similar mini quad hardware (nanoWii), antenna required to be upright position: (W/H/L)cm = 4.4cm/0.7cm/3.2cm
- Support hardware from WL-V929/V949/V959/, Hobby King Q-bot or similar cloned models (must be shaft/spur geared rotor) and similar mini quad hardware (nanoWii).
- Upper lipo bay fits 1s 500mah 15c main lipo battery for quad: (W/H/L)cm = 2.0cm/1.0cm/6.7cm
- Lower lipo bay fits 1s 200mah 5c lipo battery for video tansmission and main FPV cam (obained from 808 #16 internal battery) size: (W/H/L)cm = 1.9cm/0.5cm/3.1cm
- Plugs, screws and wires need to be cut or removed to tightly fit into the frame.
- Frame only support nano fpv camera 420/520TVL caseless.
- Support nano size video transmitter size with an upside down antenna: (W/H/L)cm = 2.0cm/0.5cm/2.4cm
- Uses 4x replaceable 2mm width zip tie for landing gear to slot into existing place holder under the rotor case.
- Coreless motor "snap-lock" placeholder/socket.
- Need good soldering skills to install the electronics.
- Total flying weight with basic FPV equipment (without 808 #16 HD): 95 gram.
Complete assembly parts:
Fitting the electronics into the frame will need a lot of work and bunch of fine soldering skills. Because its so compact you will need to remove any plugs, surplus wirings and etc to get it fit perfectly and at the same time reduce weight as much as possible. This is where pure modders put their skills into it. Everything i made into this quad are direct soldering. This work is going to be pure DIY. I used electronic hardware from WL-TOYS V929 and it fits perfrectly on this kit, i believe genericly others type of similar hardware models or clone multirotor version will able to fit in too with minor DIY fittings as described on the specification details above.
Because the main upper and lower frame deck is split/sliced into two due to limited space to print on normal consumer size 3D printing super glue is required to bond two pieces of frame deck (Upper frame "A" super glue to "B")
Please refer to the gallery folder for images reference/manual once done download the zip file and extraction. Set your 3D printed to more denser printing material for robust and rigid product output.
Your shopping list to buy parts to build the above model (100% fit unless mentioned "Compatible"):
- Platform/Airframe/Combo package:
- WLtoys V949 Upgraded V212 2.4G 6 Axis RC Quadcopter RTF Mode 2
- Ready to Fly version direct extractable hardware for 100% fittings: WL-TOY V929 RTF
- Bind and Fly version direct extractable hardware for 100% fittings: WL-TOY V929 RTF (fasttech dealer)
- Bind and Fly version direct extractable hardware for 100% fittings: WL-TOY V929 RTF (rc-fever dealer)
- Radio controller for V929 matching the above flight controller (Mode 2)
- WLtoys V911 V912 V913 V949 RC Helicopter Transmitter
- FlySky Upgraded 2.4G 9CH RC Helicopter Transmitter FS-TH9XB Mode 2 (Pro handling for V929 boards - highly recomended)
- Flysky FS-T6 V2 2.4GHz 6CH Transmitter For V959 Syma X1 Mode 2 (Pro handling for V959 boards)
- Integrated board/Flight controller:
- 8.5x20mm Motor For Walkera W100s V929 V949 V959 V9698.5x20mm Motor For Walkera W100s V929 V949 V959 V969
- Wltoys V929 V949 Spare Parts Motor Shaft Pinion Gear Mount
- Counter-clockwise Motor Set For V959 V212 V222 RC Quadcopter (Tips: Reverse Wire to Clockwise rotation)
- Old Version WLtoys V959 Motor Base
- Proppellers and necessities:
- WLtoys V929 V949 Beetle 4-Axis UFO Spare Parts Main Blade V929-02
- New Version WLtoys V959 V212 V222 RC Quadcopter Parts Main Blade
- Old Version WLtoys V959 RC Qaudcopter Spare Parts Blade
- New Version WLtoys V222 V212 V959 Orange&Black Blades Propellers
- 4x Rotor shaft
- 4x Rotor spur gear
- 8x Rotor bearings
- Screw set (To lock the propeller to shaft)
- WLtoys V929 Beetle 4-Axis UFO Spare Parts Shaft V929-07
- Video transmitter:
- Camera and secondary HD recording camera:
- Nano FPV HD Mini Ultra-Light 3g 520 Line Cable Camera for RC Model (Perfect fitting)
- Nano 600TVL camera (Compatible)
- Nano 520TVL camera - FH10C V9 wide voltage 90 degree FPV lens (PAL)
- Nano 520TVL - FH10C wide voltage (PAL)
- *Optional flight videography HD camera mods: Y3000 HD
- *Optional flight videography HD camera mods: 808 #16 V3 HD camera
- *Optional night accessories: Lightweight LED strips for V929
- Video receiver/Ground station/FPV pilot gear:
- Boscam FPV 5.8G 8CH 200mW AV Wireless Receiver RC305
- Boscam FPV 5.8G 8CH AV Wireless Receiver RC805
- Boscam GS920 640 x 480 2.4G 5.8G Wireless FPV AIO Goggle
- Boscam RX LCD 5802 5.8GHz LCD Diversity Receiver 7 Inch Monitor
- Boscam FPV 5.8G 4 in 1 D58-4 Audio Video Diversity Receiver
- Boscam FPV 5.8G D58-2 DUO5800 Dual Wireless Diversity Receiver
- Boscam GS922 FPV 5.8G 32CH Div AIO Goggles With DVR
- Skyzone SKY-700D FPV 5.8G 32CH Diversity 7 Inch TFT Monitor DVR
- Boscam Galaxy D4 FPV 5.8G 32CH LCD 8 Inch Monitor With DVR Receiver
- SkyZone SKY-01 FPV AIO Goggles 5.8G 32CH Frequency Head Tracking Glass